QLD Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
The Queensland Government has just released a COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program, with the objective to support small businesses in Queensland subject to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown restrictions.
The QLD Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program, aims to support small businesses to adapt and sustain their operations, and to build resilience.
In summary, the Adaption Grant Program aims to:
- prepare for the safe resumption or trading in the post COVID-19 recovery
- access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business
- respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth
- upskill and reskill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies or business models
- embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
- create or retain employment
Available Grant Funding
Up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business, is available under the COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following activities;
- Financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- Strategic planning, financial counsellig or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- Building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio medai etc..)
- Digital / technology strategy development
- Digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- Specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- Meeting business costs, including utilities and rent
Note: COVID-19 Adaption Grant funds can be used towards any of the above listed activities occurring from 23 March 2020 onwards, keeping in mind the project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from the date of approval.
IMPORTANT - ACT NOW - LIMITED GRANT FUNDS AVAILABLE
Once the program budget has been fully allocated, applications for the COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program will close.
it is estimated that approximatelt 10,000 small businesses will be supported through this program.
Applying small and micro businesses must meet the eligibility and assessment criteria to be considered for grant funding.
To be eligible the business must:
- Have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by the current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland's Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020.
- Demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- Employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- Be registered for GST
- Have a Queensland headquarters
- Have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- Have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
Note: Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business. Successful applicants cannot re-apply for funding under this Grant Program.
Applying for the COVID-19 Adaption Grant
To apply, complete the following steps:
- Read the eligibilty criteria
- Read the appication guidelines, terms and conditions, and frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Apply using the SmartyGrants link
COVID-19 Adapation Grant Assessment Process
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be assessed against the following:
- Funding availability - applications will be processed on a 'first come, first served' basis, and therefore not all applications will be successful.
- Submission of a complete application form, with all requested supporting documentation included (i.e. your application must contain the requested supporting documentation, otherwise you will be contacted to provide appropriate evidence and this may delay your application's progress.
- Value for money, as determined by Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT)
COVID-19 Adaption Grant Payments
Funding will be paid upon your approval of your grant application.
Within 1 month of completing the project, applicants must:
- Complete and submit an Acquittal Report through SmartyGrants
- Submit copies of Supplier Invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost
Grant recipients may be subjected to a random audit by DESBT to ensure that the information provided is true and correct. Where
it is found that false or misleading information has been provided, penalties may apply, including refunding to DESBT some or all of the
ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR GRANT APPLICATION
The team at BizWhiz Business Solutions are experienced with Government Grant Funding Applications and Reporting. If you would like assistance with your COVID-19 Adaption Grant Fund application please contact BizWhiz Business Solutions on 1300 883 045 or 07 5391 9300.