JobMaker Hiring Credit Scheme
The JobMaker Hiring Credit Scheme is a Federal Government incentive to businesses to employ additional young job seekers aged 16 - 35 years.
Employers can claim JobMaker Hiring Credit payments to assist with the cost of hiring additional employees.
can access the JobMaker Hiring Credit for each eligible additional employee they hire between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021.
- will be able to register for the scheme from 6 December 2020.
- can claim payments in arrears from 1 February 2021
- can claim payments for additional employees for up to 12 months from their employment start date
- cannot claim JobKeeper and the JobMaker Hiring Credit at the same time
To be eligible to receive the JobMaker Hiring Credit payments for a JobMaker period, the employer must:
- Be an eligible employer
- Employ eligible additional employees
- Register for the JobMaker Hiring Credit Scheme
- Satisfy the headcount increase condition
- Satisfy the payroll increase condition
The eligibility criteria for an employer is provided on the ATO website:
For eligible employers, the JobMaker Hiring Credit will be paid every 3 months in arrears. Both the business (or not-for-profit organisation) and each additional employee must meet the eligibility criteria.
The eligibility criteria for an employee is provided on the ATO website:
Each employee must meet all eligibility criteria for the JobMaker Hiring Credit to be claimed. Each employee will be required to complete a JobMaker employee notice to declare that they meet the eligibility for the business to claim the JobMaker Hiring Credit payment.
As a registered BAS Agent, we can register your business for the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme and manage the claim for you: https://www.ato.gov.au/general/JobMaker-Hiring-Credit/Register-for-JobMaker-Hiring-Credit/
If you would like to register for the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme, or would like further assistance with regards to the program eligibility and reporting requirements, please contact our team at BizWhiz Business Solutions (https://www.bizwhizbusinesssolutions.com.au/contact-us/)