JobKeeper Payment - Changes announced 14 August
Announcement: The Government has made changes to the extended JobKeeper Payment Scheme.
Changes from 14 August 2020 mean:
- more employees can qualify - see eligible employees
- a payment extension to 31 August - see JobKeeper key dates
- new information is available on long term casual employees
- From 3 August, the eligible employee test has been extended to include individuals who were employed on 1 July 2020 and are not currently nominated for JobKeeper by another entity
- For the fortnights commencing on 3 and 17 August 2020 only, we have until the 31 August to meet the wage condition for all new eligible employees included in the JobKeeper scheme under the 1 July eligibility test.
- On 21 July, the government announced proposed changes to JobKeeper including an extension through to 28 March 2021. These changes do not impact JobKeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.
- Businesses can be enrolled for the JobKeeper Payment until the program closes if your circumstances have changed (i.e. Victorian businesses closed due to restrictions).
The good news is that we have time to put these changes into place. We have until the 31st August to make sure all newly eligible employees are paid at least $1,500 per fortnight from the fortnight starting the 3rd August 2020.
Where we are managing your JobKeeper program, we will retest the eligibility of your employees, and we will advise of any new eligible
employees, and any changes that need to be made in the payroll before the 31st August.